Thursday, December 01, 2005

Here we are


Hello.

I'm still formulating a mission statement for this site, so forgive me if I seem all over the place. Most likely, that won't really change, but we'll see how things go. I have no real expectations for this blog, which I probably shouldn't tell you, but I'm speaking to non-existent visitors right now, so I'm not sweating it.

I'm from the Boston area, and that informs a lot of my world view. So I'm going to draw on a favorite quote of mine to serve as the working theme for this site (It's sure to change). While working to build a new Boston Garden, arena President Larry Moulter said "Boston has three major industries: Sports, politics and revenge."

So sports, politics, and revenge. Sports is clear enough; I'm a huge Red Sox fan, and that'll take the most of our sporting coverage. Expect the other hub teams to make an appearance here and there, and national sports talk on occasion. I'm also a movie nut, so we'll likely talk movies as well. That's not really sports, but it's entertainment, and that's close enough. I told you I'm all scattershot.

Politics is for both regional and national topics. I suspect the bulk of the posts will reside here.

And revenge is all about stuff happening around Boston. I live here, it's what's around me, and goddamnit but if it isn't a wonderful and bizarre place to live.

At this point, the whole "Sports, politics and revenge" thing makes absolutely no sense. I'm comfortable with that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! It's about time, you lazy bum!