Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Good God, kids are evil

I was sitting under a pavillion on Revere beach, having finished work
for the day. I've got nothing to do, so I kind of zoned out for a bit.

Out of nowhere there's a flash in front of me. Some kid is hauling ass
on his bike and jumps the four steps at the end of the pavillion.

He missed, spectacularly. The bike landed, pitched and twisted right,
tossing him left. He landed on hus arm and ass.

I sat up, startled, and started to stand to to see if he needed any
help. He was alert, but just sort of lying there.

That's when his friends started to laugh at him. He quickly popped up
and did that thing where you're laughing, too, but are so totally in
pain. He mumbled something about the steps being high as the girls
were still cackling, and his older buddy recreated the landing.

Good times.

No comments: