At the moment, this is a generation that lacks the common sense to stay off
deadly train tracks or campus rivers when they're icy. A generation that can't
seem to make decisions without texting home, and whose helicopter parents -- so
named for their hovering ways -- have actually begun negotiating salaries with
job recruiters on their kids' behalf.
The evidence of the grandmotherly coup:
- They're complaining about crank kids and their too-fussy mommas.
- The story they refer to ran in the paper two weeks ago. All my uncles complain about stuff they read or saw "on the TV" two weeks ago.
- It appears as though they nodded off for a nap around the fifth graf.
- They've taken a point I initially agreed with and nagged about it to the point where I take the other side just to be stubborn. I am six years old again.
- Word has it tomorrow's editorial will be about "those goddamned squirrels getting into the bird feeder again. Those seeds are for THE BIRDS!"